Hillside plot overlooking the canal with gorgeous sea view
£65,455 / $101,124 / €80,000 / R$180,000
Email to a friend
Transfer Currency to Brazil
Back to search results
View properties in Florianopolis (19)
View all properties in Brazil (102)
- 10 minutes' walk to the beach
- 45 minutes' drive to Florianopolis International Airport
- Local beach restaurants and bars
Full infrastructure except for banks or ATMs
The Property Offers:
- 400 sq.m.
- Sea and canal view
- Native vegetation
Individual building plot at exotic Barra da Lagoa Beach in
Florianópolis. Located on elevated ground this piece of land is surrounded by
native vegetation and enjoys lovely view of the canal and the sea. Fully fenced
it may be the ideal place for an idillic retreat or a holiday home.
Property Location within Florianópolis
Barra da Lagoa is the preferred destination of foreign visitors when touring Florianópolis and surrounding areas. Its proximity to fashionable Praia Mole and half-way location between Lagoa da Conceição and the island's northern beaches, full infrastructure and reliable public transport turn Barra da Lagoa into an ideal neighbourhood to live in or have a base when visiting the region.
Property Location within Santa Catarina
Florianópolis is the capital city of the Brazilian southern state of Santa Catarina. It is located on a subtropical island featuring over 50 beaches, green seas, historical places, hills and breathtaking views. Florianopolis is a place with out-of-the-ordinary beauty, the island is increasingly sought after as one of the best locations for safe investment in real estate in Brazil. Connected to the mainland by two bridges and just 20 minutes from the local international airport and 30 from the coach terminal, Florianopolis is the capital city with best quality of life in the country, a safe, relaxed place with the highest real estate appreciation rate in the region (proven 20-25% per year).
Associated Purchase Costs
of Property in Florianopolis
In addition to the listed price for the investment, the following costs will apply to your purchase:
- Stamp Duty Tax (or Registration tax) is around 0.8% (max. of R$ 801.00) of the purchase price (payable to the notary)
- Notary Fees is approx 1% of the purchase price (max. of R$ 805.00)
- Property Transfer Tax (ITBI) of approx 2% (payable at the City Hall).
- 'FRJ - Fundo para Reaparelhamento do Judiciário' (Fund for Reequipment of the Judiciary) Tax of 0.3% of property price (max. R$ 400.00)
- UK / Brazilian Lawyer (optional but recommended) - see below
With regard to lawyers fees, this can vary depending on the work and level of service you require. A fee of between 0.5% and 3% will be charged depending on work / service.
Should the property have any issues with regard to debts and the lawyer advise you not to proceed, then 50% of the agreed legal fee is payable.
Property Running Costs
Council Tax (per year): To be advised
To Obtain the price in your own currency, divide the above figures by the rate(s) shown at the bottom of the page. All above rates are approximates / estimates.
When buying a property it is
important that you pay the appropriate council rates (usually around 1% of the
property value per year) and condominium charges (if applicable), your home /
investment is at risk if you do not keep up these payments.
* All properties are sold in Brazilian Reais (symbols R$ or BRL). Currency rates will depend upon your banks conversion rate at the time of transferring the monies. The current conversion rates used on this site are €1 = R$2.25, £1 = R$2.75, $1 = R$1.78. To check the latest rate 'spot rate' with Bank of Brazil click here.
Consider using a Money Transfer Agent to Transfer Money To Brazil, offering better Exchange Rates than High Street Banks.
Prices displayed do not include other associated purchase costs such as Government Purchase Tax, Legal Costs, Admin and Furniture (unless stated).